Tuesday, July 28, 2009

FAIRY QUEEN SUSAN

Susan Roces c. 1950s

Lovely AS AN ANGEL…

Haunting as a dream.
Your face is like the dawning day,
You are fairer than words can say;
Your smile is like the smile of morn,
So tender though you thrive in thorn.
Your pretty petals pink in hue,
Are nightly bathed with falling due;
Your slender stem swings as a breeze
Sends forth a hasty, stolen kiss.
Sweet mountains primrose you are called,
A flower-princess clad in gold;
Oh, had I been the king of men,
I’d make you, dear, my lovely queen.
To my eyes, you are a ruby;
To my fancy you’re a jade—
With a crown of love and glory
Shining bright upon your head.
In you I see a lost horizon
In the offing of my dreams;
Yes, I find that fading vision
Of a pearl among old gems.
I behold you, scented maiden
In a web of plastic ray;
See your smile that’s partly hidden
Wonder whether ‘tis for me.
(This poem was written by NICOLAS MINOZA, JR. of the University of the East, Manila, published in the SCREEN STARDOM Magazine, Volume IV, No. 1, issued onFebruary 1965).

Susan Roces, c. 1960s

Susan Roces c. 1980s

Susan Roces (2005)

* * * * *
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TITA SUSAN!
MAY YOU HAVE MANY MORE BIRTHDAYS
AND BLESSINGS TO COME!
FROM ALL OF US, SUSANIANS!
* * * * *

1 comment:

  1. Susan Roces has an ageless beauty, combined with virtue, character, personality, reputation, kindness, compassion, God-loving, and…. napakahusay makipag - kapwa-tao.
    From Edgardo Valentino D. Olaes

    ReplyDelete